Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Losers



I went into seeing this movie with little expectations, I'd seen the trailer a couple times, but it didn't stick out to me like it'd be anything special. There weren't any actors in it that I cared for that much, except for maybe Zoe Saldana.

I want to be short and sweet about this because I don't feel the movie deserves my over analysis, but, The Losers, was entertaining. It was pretty good, not memorable or anything like that, but it did have it's moments. I can see Saldana becoming more of a go to "sexual icon" actress after watching her in films like this one, although I wasn't really believing the chemistry between her and co-star, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, she looked fantastic in every scene she was in. The rest of the cast was pretty well chosen for this movie in my opinion, with Chris Evans, Columbus Short, and Jason Patric really impressing with their performances.

IMDB reports that the estimated budget for the movie was $25 million, which seemed like a pretty solid budget to me. Granted it says that they filmed in Puerto Rico(for Bolivia, and maybe Dubai and Mumbai), the explosions, weaponry, and other toys seemed real. But, with that relatively small of a budget and the movie being released to almost 3,000 theaters its pretty disappointing that it only reached about $9 million it's opening weekend. I don't know anywhere near all of the details necessary to break this down, but I think with the movie being adapted from a comic book (Having a substantial already established fan base) and the general lull at the box office last weekend, The Losers, should have made at least $15-20 million. That's just my opinion though.

No comments:

Post a Comment