Monday, April 26, 2010

Kick Ass



After seeing this movie a friend of mine boasted that, "If you don't go see Kick Ass, you should get your ass kicked". Although, he may have just been caught up in the raucous, hilarious state of mind that the movie puts you in, he might not be totally out of line with his statement.

I thought the movie was very funny, but I wouldn't call it the funniest movie I've ever seen. A solid script and good acting from Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Clark Duke, and relative newcomer Aaron Johnson made the movie watchable during the earlier parts of the movie, before most of the "ass-kicking" started happening. But, the one thing on my mind after leaving the cinema, was Chloe Moretz or "Hit Girl", her homicidal, spunky, Bride-esque character completely stole the show. I was wondering after her first appearance on screen why the film wasn't centered around her instead of the goofy Aaron Johnson. But, Moretz's character definitely added another dynamic to the movie which will only benefit it in the future.

I say see this movie, definitely not with as much gusto as my friend, but certainly with more of a level head on it. It provides a great escape from the stresses of everyday life, as most movies should and will do, but it'll gross you out, make you laugh out loud, and maybe even feel a little sorry for Nicolas Cage.

No comments:

Post a Comment